This culinary adventure will take you through four courses of wildly delicious traditional South African fare, including crispy chili bites, watermelon & peppadew salad, succulent braised lamb potjie, and much more.
Tickets are required for this event as this safari has limited capacity!
Guest Chef: Elizabeth Binder, chef/owner of Hand-Crafted Catering, contestant on Top Chef: Seattle, and recent victor on Food Network’s Beat Bobby Flay.
- Shaved Beef Biltong & Droëwors
savory beef jerky & dried Sausage sticks, cured with coriander seed
- Crispy Chili Bites & Apricot Chutney
deep fried chick pea fritters with warm hints of marsala, green onion and a kiss of chili
- Watermelon, Peppadew & Watercress Salad
sweet piquant peppers tossed with ginger dressing
- Warm Goat Cheese Miele Bread & Salted Butter
whole corn kernels & crumbled goat cheese, toasted to golden
- Smokey Braised Lamb Shoulder Potjie
long slow braise of succulent lamb & smokey flavors
- Chakalaka & Buttered Putu Pap
spicy vegetable relish of onions, tomatoes & butter beans with steamed earthy white African polenta
- Cape Brandy Pudding & Chamomile Cream
rich date & walnut cake soaked with brandy caramel
- Rooibos Tea
herbal red bush tea high in antioxidants and caffeine-free