Where is social change in the food and beverage industry coming from?
You need look no further than the closest restaurant kitchen to see some of the key equity issues of our time playing out in real time. From improving diversity in the kitchen at all levels to creating career avenues for marginalized populations and other hot-button topics, this group of top chefs and culinary experts has lived these issues first-hand. They’ll speak about how they are personally driving tangible social change for good — and how you can too.
Moderated by Andrew Zimmern, the final Conversation of the year culminates with an all-star panel including James Beard Rising Star and author of Notes from a Young Black Chef, Kwame Onwuachi, top chef and industry luminary Traci Des Jardins, among others, for real talk about how simple actions can have monumental impact. Whether you work in the industry or simply love food, this is a rare opportunity to hear the behind the scenes from these inspiring voices together on one stage.
The Conversation will be followed by a chance to meet the panelists during the Andrew Zimmern Second Chances Scholarship afterparty featuring drinks and bites inspired by the panelists and personalized book signings in The CIA at Copia’s state-of-the-art Hestan Kitchen.
General Admission Tickets include:
- Pre-event reception to meet-and-mingle with Andrew Zimmern and all-star panelists and enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Panel discussion with Q&A
- Post event Andrew Zimmern Second Chances Scholarship afterparty
- Brandon Chrostowski, ’06, Edwins Leadership & Restaurant Institute
- Traci Des Jardins, The Commissary
- Angela Dunleavy-Stowell, FareStart
- Alycia Harshfield, California Restaurant Association Foundation
- Kwame Onwachi, ’13, Kith and Kin
Schedule of Events:
4:30 p.m. Check-In and Pre-Conversation Reception
6 p.m. Setting the Equity Table Conversation
7:30 p.m. Conclusion of Conversation