BECOME AN EXPERT WINE TASTER—In 90 Minutes If you’d like to dramatically improve your wine tasting ability, this class is for you. Karen MacNeil, author of The Wine Bible, is one of the foremost wine experts in the country and this is one of her most popular classes. In just 90 minutes you will learn the insider concepts that usually take years to understand. Don’t miss this super fun class that will change the way you taste forever.
Note: Class participants will receive special discounts that evening at The Restaurant at Copia and at the Oxbow Cheese & Wine Merchant in the Oxbow Public Market. You must be 21 years old to take this class.
For additional information, please contact: [email protected]
- I am not ready to book this class but I would like more information. How can I contact the organizer with questions?
Email us your questions at [email protected]
- Do I need to know a lot about wine to take this class?
No, this class covers a broad range of wine knowledge levels. Newcomers to wine will learn a lot, but so will avid wine lovers who have been tasting wine for years. Karen’s specialty is teaching groups with varying levels of wine knowledge.
- Do I need to bring anything to the event?
A pen is helpful in case you want to take notes. Otherwise, just you and your paid ticket for entrance.
- How many wines will we taste?
- Will spit cups be provided?
- Does the class include food?
This is a wine focused class (not a pairing class) and as such, we don’t serve food. This allows students to really concentrate on smelling and tasting the wines without other smells/tastes interfering. We ask students to refrain from bringing food into the classroom. After class, however, you may want to consider dining at The Restaurant at the CIA at Copia.
- Can I video the event and/or take photos?
You may take photos; videos are prohibited.
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, since we will be tasting wines together, the minimum age is 21 to participate in this seminar.
- Where exactly at CIA/Copia is the class?
It’s in the Napa Valley Vintners Theater wine tasting classroom on the ground floor.
- Where and how much is parking?
Parking is available in the lot right outside the building and across the street at no cost.
- Do you offer any discounts?
We partnered with the CIA and a few local merchants at the Oxbow Public Market who will offer discounts after our class. More information will be provided at the seminar.
- I can’t take this class with Karen. Does she offer other classes elsewhere?
Karen conducts private wine classes for individuals and business. Please contact our office for more information.
- What if I need to cancel my ticket? What’s the refund policy?
Follow the Eventbrite procedure to process refunds. Refunds are allowed on cancellations up to 7 days before the event.
- Is my registration fee transferrable?
No, the registration fee is not transferrable. You can have someone else attend the event on your behalf. To receive a refund, follow the Eventbrite procedure to process refunds. Refunds are allowed on cancellations up to 7 days before the event.
- Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?