The CIA at Copia’s Commitment to You
At The CIA at Copia, our guests’ and employees’ safety is our highest concern. While we invite you to kick back, relax, and enjoy yourself, we understand you may have questions around how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CIA at Copia has implemented additional precautions to ensure a safe environment for all our guests and employees. Across our building and in our restaurants, we commit to you the following.
All employees will:
- Undergo safety training on disinfection, hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
- Complete daily temperature checks and wear face coverings at all times while working.
- Wash and sanitize hands regularly, including upon entering the restaurant or teaching kitchens and between interactions with customers.
In our common spaces, restaurants, and teaching kitchens, we will:
- Operate at reduced capacity and implement social distancing.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between parties, including those seated, waiting to be seated or waiting to enter or purchase.
- Seat no more than six people per table.
- Sanitize common areas repeatedly throughout the day and place hand sanitizing stations throughout with clear directional signage.
- Not leave condiments, silverware, flatware, glassware, or other traditional tabletop items on an unoccupied table.
- Use paper menus that are new for each guest and clean and disinfect each dining area after every use.
We further commit that:
- In the event an employee or guest tests positive for COVID-19, we will contact Health and Human Services, and cooperate with public health officials in contact tracing.
- We will close until further notice the Chuck Williams Culinary Arts Museum, indoor exhibit spaces, and limit access to the Copia building beyond businesses that are in operation.
- We will post these commitments at our entrances and display readily visible signage to remind everyone of best hygiene practices.
Additionally, with regard to our classes, private, and public events:
- All classes take place in our expansive, 10,000-square-foot Hestan Kitchen, or in outdoor spaces.
- We are limiting class sizes to no more than 10 people for hands-on cooking classes and 30 for our beverage classes.
- Chef-instructors and students will wash hands prior to any activity in class and every 15 minutes throughout the class.
- As is best practice, we will continue to wipe down common surfaces throughout and at the end of class.
- We ask that parents accompany any minors enrolled in a class with CIA. Apart from our Parent and Teen Classes and Family Fun Days, guests must be 18 years or older to enroll in a cooking class and 21 years or older for any wine or beer tasting classes.